Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

A Long Couple of Weeks

You know how you have those times when you feel like Murphy is following you around and everything that can go wrong does?  Well that pretty much sums up the past couple of weeks for me.  Although I haven't been especially emotional during my pregnancy, I think I have cried almost every day this week.  As I think I have mentioned before, I am the Relay for Life team captain for my school.  Our fundraising attempts have all been duds so far, and the event is Friday.  It seems that I have been met with adversity in everything I have tried to do.  Our team has only raised $1,000, a drop in a bucket compared to last year's $8,000.  No one at school (including the girl who is supposed to be my co-captain) has stepped up to the plate to help me.  If Relay for Life and the American Cancer Society were not very important causes to me, it would be easier to cope with feeling like a failure.  I am hoping that our final attempts at fundraising will be a success. 

On top of Relay not going well, a student recently posted some threatening comments on my classroom blog.  Fortunately, I can moderate comments, and they never made it to my page.  But now I am going through the process of deciding whether to file a police report to get to the bottom of it.  Kids today feel empowered to say things they don't mean behind the mask of the Internet.  I want whoever made these comments to realize that these things have to be taken seriously before he/she makes mistakes that can't be taken back.  I also feel that if the girl who wrote the derogatory note about me a few weeks ago had received a punishment, students wouldn't feel like it's okay to say these things about their teachers.  Any advice here?

Enough of the bad stuff.  Let's brighten this post up!

Eric and I went ahead and bought a crib for our nursery.  Here's what we went with:


It's the Delta Bentley 4-in-1 convertible crib from Target.  I feel like the style and color will work for either a boy or a girl and I love that it can grow with them.  We're trying to get a little at a time so that it's not so hard on the budget.  Next month we will probably get the mattress and maybe the matching rocking chair.

Here's a little update on me:

  • How far along? 13 weeks
  • Total weight gain: I'm back to my starting weight.  I feel like my scale may be a little off, so I'll have a more accurate weight after my next appointment.
  • Maternity clothes? I must admit that I wore maternity pants a few days this week.  I'm in this in between stage when I don't really NEED the maternity clothes but my regular clothes are a little uncomfortable.
  • Stretch marks? No
  • Sleep: I bought a body pillow thinking that would help alleviate my fears of rolling over onto my belly, but I still find myself waking up in the same positions.  Plus, it takes up a quarter of the bed.  Maybe it will come in handy more in my second and third trimesters.
  • Best moment this week: Finishing the CRCT!  Thank God that is over.
  • Miss Anything? Wine.  I have definitely wished I could come home and have a glass after having so many hard days this week.
  • Movement: Not yet.
  • Food cravings: Still bacon, egg & cheese biscuits.  I guess I need protein.
  • Food aversions: I am rarely in the mood to eat certain foods, but once I force myself to take the first bite I can stomach most things.
  • Gender: I had a dream a few nights ago.  I was taking what looked like a pregnancy test, but when I looked down at it, it said, "It's a Boy!"  Maybe it's a sign.
  • Labor Signs: No.
  • Symptoms: I have been having some soreness in my belly around my bellybutton.  I have been reading some things and some women say they can feel growing pains from their growing uterus.  I plan on talking to my doctor about it at my next appointment.
  • Belly Button in or out? In.
  • Wedding rings on or off? On.
  • Looking forward to: SUMMER!  I know I still have 4 weeks of school, but I can't wait to have some time to relax and just enjoy being pregnant without all of the pressures of teaching.




  • 1 comment:

    Mrs.F said...

    You are looking so cute, Celeice! Can't wait to hang out when we move back in a couple weeks! :)

    Post a Comment