Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Busy Bee

Ok so the past week has been really hectic, but finally Spring Break is here and I have a little time to relax.  The beginning of last week was especially difficult.  On Monday, the internet was down for the entire county on a day that I needed internet access to successfully conduct my lesson.  On Tuesday, my first Relay for Life fundraiser had to be cancelled based on a lack of ticket sales.  Then on Wednesday, I was presented with a nasty note filled with profanity that one of my students wrote and I believe was directed toward me.  Needless to say, I was really looking forward to a week off.

My husband and I used part of the weekend to get some tasks checked off of the home improvement list.  On Sunday, we finished fencing in our yard!  It has been wonderful just to open the back door and let our dogs run free.  Here are a few pictures of our current "babies."

Riley
Sadie


I also decided to restore a little birdhouse that has been hanging from a tree in our back yard.  Here are the before and after shots.  I'm thinking I may distress it a little to give it an outdoorsy quality.
Before

After

Today I spent the day helping my best friend do some shopping for her wedding, and I had a doctor's appointment.  Here's where I stand after 10 weeks:



  • How far along? 10 weeks
  • Total weight gain: The doctor confirmed today that I am actually down 2 pounds even though I already feel like I look big. 
  • Maternity clothes? No, but I did make my first maternity purchase this week.  It's a cotton maternity dress from Target.  Should be light and comfy this summer.
  • Stretch marks? No..Palmer's is my friend.
  • Sleep: My dreams are becoming a little scary.  I dreamed a few nights ago that I delivered the baby way too early and that the baby would never be able to walk or feed itself.  I know every mom has these fears.  I am just prayerful that we have a healthy baby.
  • Best moment this week: Hearing the heartbeat at my appointment today.  :-)
  • Miss Anything? Being able to paint.  We were planning to stain our bathroom cabinets, but now I can't do it so that is just one more thing on hubby's honey-do list.
  • Movement: None yet.
  • Food cravings: I am all about Firehouse Subs.
  • Food aversions: Most foods still do not appetize me.
  • Gender: Still a mystery, but according the the heartbeat today (150 bpm) we may have a little lady on the way.  There is a wives tale that girls have higher heart rates than boys, but I still am feeling like it's a boy.
  • Labor Signs: No.
  • Symptoms: I have been feeling sick right before bed.  I'm thinking it's because I take my prenatals with dinner, so for the next few days I am going to try taking them with lunch and see if my nighttime sickness goes away.  I have also had stomach problems (sorry to be graphic here but...diarrhea) every morning.  I'm hoping this all goes away soon.
  • Belly Button in or out? In.
  • Wedding rings on or off? On.
  • Looking forward to: Joy's wedding dress fitting on Wednesday and cleaning out my closets and the basements.


  • No comments:

    Post a Comment