Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Three Weddings and a Fundraiser

Last week, people really came out of the woodwork to help with Relay for Life and we ended up MAKING OUR GOAL!  I was so pleasantly surprised.  Although Relay started with a huge thunderstorm right as we were assembling our tent, it really ended up being a wonderful night devoted to cancer fighters, survivors, and victims. 

After a night of fundraising, we began a weekend of weddings.  On Saturday, we had a wedding at 4:30 and another at 6:00.  Then, we attended a third wedding on Sunday at 11:30.  It was truly a weekend of love.  With so many people around me getting ready to head down the aisle, I really took in all of the little nuances at the weddings.  A few touches that I thought were really quirky and cute were: a cheese cake (blocks of cheese stacked to look like a cake) and bridesmaids that carried books selected to go into the couple's library and topped with hand-made paper flowers instead of bouquets.  Here's the happy couple "cutting the cheese:"


And now for an update on my lovely baby bump!  Check it out:


  • How far along? 15 weeks
  • Total weight gain: My last doctor's appointment confirmed that I haven't gained weight yet.  My midwife says I shouldn't worry and "it will come."  I just hope the baby is getting what it needs.
  • Maternity clothes? If I wear pants, they're maternity, but usually I'm in comfy dresses.
  • Stretch marks? No.
  • Sleep: Every night as I go to bed, my stomach starts to hurt and it doesn't ease off until the next morning when I use the bathroom.  I really wish that would stop.  It's so uncomfortable.
  • Best moment this week: Dancing with my hubby at our friend's wedding and remembering our own wedding day.  The past 2 years together have been so wonderful.  I know with this little one on the way, it will only get better.
  • Miss Anything? Having a sex drive.  I thought that was supposed to get better in the second trimester, but with my stomach hurting all the time, it's kind of difficult to feel romantic.
  • Movement: Not yet.  I hope I know what it is when I feel it.  I know that is going to be an amazing moment.
  • Food cravings: Cereal...of all kinds.  And I've been drinking lots of ginger ale.
  • Food aversions: Leftovers.  Smelling meat heat up for the second time really turns my stomach.
  • Gender: Everyone at school was guessing the baby's gender today.  Almost everyone thinks I'm having a boy except for my principal and a few others.  We will know for sure after our ultrasound on the 31st!
  • Labor Signs: No.
  • Symptoms: My doctor confirmed that the soreness I was feeling was normal.
  • Belly Button in or out? In.
  • Wedding rings on or off? On.
  • Looking forward to: Having a nice and sunny (hopefully) weekend at the lake with my honey, our dogs, his family, and our friends.  Not looking forward to: Being in a bathing suit.

  • Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful mommies out there.  Have an amazing week!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment