Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

One Hot Momma

Whew!  The heat over the past few days has really been hard to handle, but I have to say it hasn't slowed me down this week.  Eric and I finished the remodel of this childhood dresser for Aubrey.  Here's how it turned out:

BEFORE

AFTER

At first I was really nervous that it would stick out like a sore thumb and not be the right color, but I have to say it blends right in.  I especially love the little porcelain rose handles.

There are a few other little accomplishments for the week:
  • We had a great time at the Braves game on Tuesday.  Gotta love it when your team wins 8-1!


  • I gave our dog Sadie a haircut for the first time and she survived (and looks pretty cute if I do say so myself).

  • I made a little something for my desk in my classroom.  My inspiration came from Pinterest a while back.  The only materials you need are a piece of cute scrapbooking paper, a cheap wooden frame, some paint for the frame, hot glue, your inital printed to the desired size, pencils, and a good sharpener.  All I had in the house was a tiny sharpener that you have to twist the pencils in by hand, so my thumb was a little sore after.

  • I hosted a Premier Jewelry party on Friday night.  Although a few people were not able to make it, some neighbors came over to compensate.  It's crazy to think we have been in this house for over a year and I still haven't met some of my neighbors.  I have to share the recipe I found for these unbelievable chocolate peanut butter cupcakes.  They are to die for...and I'm not just saying that because I'm pregnant.  Just click on the picture below.

  • We also picked up a new bookcase for our home office.  Not to sound like a walking advertisement, I really love Hobby Lobby.

Here's what's new in the baby department:

  • How far along? 23 weeks
  • Total weight gain: 12 lbs.
  • Maternity clothes?  All bottoms and some dresses and tops.
  • Stretch marks? No.  I'm trying to slow my weight gain down so they don't start creeping up.
  • Sleep: I still toss and turn a lot at night.  I'm not really having to get up in the middle of the night for bathroom breaks yet though.
  • Best moment of the week: Just tonight I got news that a good friend of mine will be having a little one in March (she'd due on Eric's birthday actually).  I'm so excited for Aubrey to have another playmate.  I have to say that hearing my best friend will officially be living a mile away from me on Friday was also really cool.  Now I get to help her decorate!  :-)  Seeing Magic Mike yesterday wasn't so bad either.  Although I have to say Matthew McConaughey was a little creepy in this movie.  Channing Tatum made up for it though.  In short...it's been a good week.

  • Miss anything?  Lately I really have been missing sushi...California rolls just don't cut it.
  • Movement: Aubrey is a little tease.  Most of the time when I grab Daddy's hand to try to let him feel her move, she stops.  I constantly feel her moving around though.
  • Food cravings: Ice Cream
  • Food aversions:
  • Gender: Girl
  • Labor signs: None.
  • Symptoms: My feet are killing me...constantly.
  • Belly button in or out? In
  • Wedding rings on or off? On
  • Looking forward to: Lunch with my coworkers tomorrow, dinner with friends on Thursday, our friend's birthday celebration on Friday, and seeing Joy's house come together.  Oh...and fireworks on the 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment