Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Ooohhh...We're Halfway There...

I can hardly believe I am now over halfway through this pregnancy!  In the past couple of weeks, Aubrey's nursery has come a long way.  Here are some pictures of the room so far:


In my last post, I shared with you all the bedding I was dying to get for the nursery.  My only objection to it was its price tag.  I happened across this beautiful patchwork and lace bedding set on Craigslist (believe it or not) and got an amazing deal on it.  Only $100 for the quilt, bumper, crib skirt, valence, 2 sheers, 2 pillows, diaper stacker, and lampshade!  I love the detail and how feminine the material is.  Here are some close-ups:



The letters above her crib are from Hobby Lobby.  I got them for 50% off!  All I did was paint them and attach ribbon to dress them up.  On the right-hand side of the first picture, there is an oval-shaped pink mirror.  Below the mirror will be Aubrey's dresser/changing table.  We will be giving Eric's dresser/changing table a face lift by staining it darker to match the rest of the furniture and attaching white porcelain rose knobs that I also found at Hobby Lobby.




Here is the glider that matches Aubrey's crib and the new nursery drapery.  The diaper stacker will be moved to the changing table once it is finished.


I think this may be my favorite part of her room so far.  I picked up this little shabby chic window frame at Home Goods and bought a basket to fill with little flowers below it so it looks like a window basket.  The lamp is close to the glider so that I will have plenty light for bedtime stories.  This little storage unit will be for holding books and toys.

Once I have had a baby shower, I will be able to organize her closet.  I still also would like to make a little growth chart for the room.  I love the idea of tracking her growth on something we could take with us if we ever moved.

Here is my update:

  • How far along? 21 weeks
  • Total weight gain:  9 lbs. Ahh!!  I can't believe I have put on 4 lbs. in 2 weeks.  My body is really making up for not putting much on to begin with.
  • Maternity clothes?  For all shorts and some tops, but still some regular dresses.  Good news... I found a bathing suit that I feel comfortable in at Old Navy.  Now that I have purchased it, it has also gone one sale (lucky me).  Here it is if you are also a mommy in the market:

  • Stretch marks? No, but I am certainly veiny.
  • Sleep:  I am relying on my body pillow to make sleep more comfortable now, and boy are my dreams odd and vivid.
  • Best moment this week:  Finding such a great deal on Aubrey's crib bedding!  I am so happy with it and I saved a ton of money.  AND hearing the wonderful news yesterday that my good friend safely delivered her second child.  After a 4 hour all natural delivery, she now has a beautiful 7 lb. 3 oz., 20 3/4 in. baby BOY.  I have been considering switching to the practice she used so that I could have a water birth.  I will definitely be talking to her about her experience more soon.
  • Miss Anything? Being able to sleep on my back.
  • Movement: LOTS!  :-)  My little one is a frequent mover.  Even daddy gets to feel a kick occasionally.
  • Food cravings: Vanilla ice cream (especially from Chik-fil-a) with a little chocolate.  Yum!  Guess that's where those 4 lbs. came from.  I've had to really increase my protein intake because my sugar has been crashing and I've come close to passing out a few times.  That feeling is definitely scary since I have never experienced it before.
  • Food aversions: Still Mexican food. 
  • Gender: Girl!
  • Labor Signs: No.
  • Symptoms: Back pain and itchy boobs (they must be growing like the rest of me).
  • Belly Button in or out? In.
  • Wedding rings on or off? On.
  • Looking forward to: Eric's first Father's Day this Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment