Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Gender Reveal

From the beginning of this pregnancy I have been saying that I think I'm carrying a little boy.  Now I know for sure.  Here's how we told our parents and my best friend:

We went to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Tuscany.  Everyone knew that I had my ultrasound earlier that day.  I convinced everyone that the reveal moment would be coming during desert.  We arrived early and slipped our waiter a "Specials" insert for the menus that looked like this:

 
When everyone went to open their menus, they were completely surprised.
To be fair, I was pretty surprised when I found out too.  Here is a clip of our ultrasound when they told me it was a GIRL.


Now I am ready to start decorating the nursery!  Our little girl's name will be Aubrey Leeann.  The middle name is both of our mother's middle names put together.  Here is the bedding that I love:
The only thing that I do not love about it is its price tag.  I may be learning to make my own baby bedding soon.


In other news, my best friend got married this weekend!  The weather was perfect for her garden ceremony and we all had a great time at the reception.  Hopefully, I will have some pictures of that to post soon.


Here's my update:


  • How far along?  19 weeks 
  • Total weight gain:  5 lbs. 
  • Maternity clothes?  Yes for shorts.  Still in my regular tops and dresses for the most part.  I have started trying to find a swim suit that I feel more comfortable in and that is proving really difficult.  I feel like so many of the maternity swimsuits look very old and matronly but normal swimsuits just don't quite fit right.
  • Stretch marks? No  
  • Sleep: Still tossing and turning, but I am starting to enjoy having my body pillow. 
  • Best moment this week: Dancing with my hubby at my best friend's wedding while he held my belly.  I can't believe we have been married for almost 2 and a half years.  I am so glad to bring a baby into a home with so much love.  Seeing my little girl and hearing the ultrsound technition describe her as "perfect" was also amazing.
  • Miss Anything? It would have been nice to have a real toast of champagne at the wedding instead of drinking the non-alcoholic stuff.
  • Movement: YES!!!  FINALLY I can feel her move.  This past Sunday, Eric and I were volunteering in our church's nursery.  As I was rocking a little girl to sleep, Aubrey started kicking me.  She must have been jealous.
  • Food cravings: Bagles and Cream Cheese
  • Food aversions: Mexican food just doesn't do it for me right now.
  • Gender: Girl!
  • Labor Signs: No
  • Symptoms: My stomach has been especially gassy.
  • Belly Button in or out? In
  • Wedding rings on or off? On
  • Looking forward to: Starting to decorate the nursery!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment