Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Happy birthday Daddy!

Where do I begin with this week?  Let's start with Monday...  Eric and I celebrated his birthday with a quiet evening together.  As soon as he got home from work, I made him open his gifts (I'm a very impatient/excited giver) one of which was a Daddy-to-be book.  See reaction below:


That coy grin may be funny, but I really hoped that he would be excited about the book and start reading it right away.  Instead, the book sat on the counter for 4 days before he ever peeked inside!  After I broke down and admitted my disappointment, he has started reading it, but it still seems like he is more interested in Clive Cussler than learning about being a daddy.  Maybe this is just a fundamental difference in men and women, because I have abandoned any non-pregnancy related reading materials from the moment I found out I was pregnant.  I guess I feel more urgency since this miracle is taking place INSIDE of me.  Maybe he will get more involved and I will become less sensitive as the pregnancy progresses.

Yesterday we had a group of friends over to our house to celebrate Eric's birthday/see the improvements we have made in our home in the last year.  Now the cat is out of the bag and the majority of our friends know about the "bambino".  Although I did tell my vice principal last week, I plan on waiting a few more weeks before I tell everyone at work.  I am really nervous about telling my team leader, because she and her husband are trying to get pregnant right now and have ran into some complications.  She and I have finally started to click with one another and I am worried that my pregnancy will cause her to hate me.  Any suggestions for how I should tell her when the time comes?

In other news, my first ultrasound will be on the 15th (assuming that everything works out with transferring my insurance and I don't have to delay the appointment).  I am so excited!  Can't wait to see our little blueberry.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment