Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

8 Weeks

Baby Hood
I had my first ultrasound today!  Nothing prepares you for the feelings that take over when you see that little heart beating away.  It was absolutely precious.  Although I will admit it mostly just looks like a bunch of blobs to me, the pictures are priceless.  Now it all feels more real.  I'm not showing yet, so I decided I would take a pre-bump picture today.  I have to admit I'm ready to look pregnant and not just feel fat.





  • How far along? 8 weeks
  • Total weight gain: None yet.
  • Maternity clothes? Let's hope not. 
  • Stretch marks? No, but I am practically bathing in Palmer's Cocoa Butter.  I feel like I reek of the stuff.
  • Sleep: Every morning when I jerk awake I have thins fear that I rolled too far over while sleeping on my side and put my weight on my belly.  People say that your body will let you know if you are cutting off oxygen to the baby.  Is that true?
  • Best moment this week: Seeing that little heart beat today. 
  • Miss Anything? An occasional glass of wine.  Fre just doesn't cut it.
  • Movement: No.
  • Food cravings: I did have an intense urge for Rita's Frozen Custard this week, but nothing other than that.
  • Food aversions: Most food at this point unless I'm really hungry.  Food sounds good to me...until I smell it and then I feel sick. 
  • Gender: ??  Can't wait to find out.
  • Labor Signs: Nope.
  • Symptoms: Really sore boobs.  I literally can only wear t-shirt bras.  I also am fatigued and bloated.  Not much other than that though.
  • Belly Button in or out? In.
  • Wedding rings on or off? On.
  • Looking forward to: Sharing the ultrasound pictures with my Nana on her birthday this Saturday.




  • P.S. I told my teammates at work this week.  There were a few awkward moments with my co-worker who is trying to get pregnant, but overall everyone seems to be really happy for me.  I really want to tell my students.  They have a direct and indirect object quiz coming up soon.  I think one of the sentences on the quiz might be "Mrs. Hood is having a baby."  We'll see....

    1 comment:

    mrsj said...

    The house looks so pretty!!!

    Post a Comment