Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Wanting to Tell the World

My husband and I decided we were no longer going to prevent getting pregnant, and two short months later we are on our way to becoming parents. 

We found out about our bundle of joy on Valentine's Day.  I stopped by a Walgreen's on the way home from work to grab some of Eric's favorite chocolates.  I decided to go ahead and grab a pregnancy test even though my period was only one day late.  When I got home, I took the test before I took the dogs outside (we have two terrier mixes who we love like children).  Before I even finished washing my hands, I could see that second little line forming.  The feeling that rushed over me was beyond words.  I put the test inside of his card and added a little note that said, "We may be expanding our party of two.  I love you!"  He was so excited.  It was the perfect time to discover that we would soon have another person to love.

I scheduled my first OB appointment as soon as I could.  Unfortunately, the earliest that I could see my doctor was February 28th.  It seems like every day since I found out has been dragging by.  In three more days, I will finally get to see my doctor.  Here are the questions I have thought of to ask so far:

1. How much weight should I expect to gain and at what rate?
2. What types of excercise can I do and what should I aviod?
3. What types of foods should I aviod?
4. What types of fragrances/odors should I aviod?

Those are the big ones for me right now.  I have a pregnancy book that I am reading called Your Pregnancy Week by Week and I have also been reading some things on thebump.com.  I keep finding conflicting information about caffine and running specifically, so I want to hear it straight from the doctor.  I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment