Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Nesting Away

As I wait for the little one to come, I find my nesting instinct kicking in a little.  I decided that I would put my birthday money to good use and finish up some things that had been bothering me about the house.  After living in our house for a year and a half, we finially have curtains downstairs!  And our couch pillows actually match the color scheme in the living room.  It's the little victories that can make all the difference.


Our Entryway


Curtains in the Dining Room


Curtains in the Office


New Pillows in the Living Room


Curtains in the Living Room (and lots of baby things of course)

We found a doula that we both feel really comfortable with.  She was a referral from a friend.  Since she is still getting her license, we are getting an amazing deal.  She has already come out to the house twice to meet with us and she will be here as I am laboring at home.  She has already significantly reduced mine and Eric's stress levels about delivery.

She let us borrow a book called Birthing from Within.  I've been reading it and really enjoy it.  It talks about home births, birth and pregnancy art, how to distract yourself during labor, labor positions, and more.  I have decided to paint a little birdhouse to hang in Aubrey's room during my labor.  Crafting really relaxes me and I think that would be a good story to share with her later.

Speaking of crafting, here's a little sign I made for her door:



Here's my update:


  • How far along? 39 weeks
  • Total weight gain: 36 lbs.
  • Maternity clothes? You bet!
  • Stretch marks? So far, so good.
  • Sleep: I toss and turn and take pee breaks every 3 hours or so.  I'm also having night sweats.  It always scares me, because I wake up thinking my water has broken.
  • Best moment of the week: Getting sweet hugs and cards from my students telling me how much they will miss me when I leave.  It feels so good to have all of my sub plans finished and know that my long-term sub is going to be a great fit for them while I am gone.
  • Miss anything? Oktoberfest is a no go this year since the little one is making her arrival right around the same time. I feel like I should be doing the chicken dance.
  • Movement: She is still on the move.  I'm trying to encourage her to move a little farther down.  Mommy is ready to meet her.
  • Food cravings: Anything pumpkin or apple.  Gotta love the fall.
  • Food aversions: No big ones lately.
  • Gender: Girl
  • Labor signs: I have been losing my mucus plug and having my pinky show.  On Wednesday when I went to the doctor, my midwife said I was 1 cm and 70% effaced.  Aubrey is low and head-down.
  • Symptoms: I found a solution to my hearthurn.  Thank God for Prilosec!  At least that isn't what's keeping me up at night anymore.
  • Belly button in or out? Pretty much flat.
  • Wedding rings on or off? Off, but I stumbled across this aquamarine ring my grandmother had given me to wear on my right hand a while ago.  It lets me fake it a little better.



  • Looking forward to: Going into labor.  Making you uncomfortable at the end must be God's way of getting you ready to do any and everything to no longer be pregnant.

  •  

    No comments:

    Post a Comment