Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Feeling....Confident

 
Saturday we attended a full day of childbirth class.  Our class was through Confident Childbirth of Atlanta.  They teach a mixture of lamaze, hypnotherapy, and the Bradley method.  We left feeling more prepared for labor and delivery, and I would recommend them to anyone in our area.  I also left knowing that I need a much larger birthing ball; mine was comedically smaller than everyone else's. 




Here is my update:

 
 
 
  • How far along? 32 weeks (8 months!)
  • Total weight gain: 24 lbs.
  • Maternity clothes? All bottoms and most dresses and tops.
  • Stretch marks? No.  I'm hoping I can keep them at bay long enough to get some maternity photos in.  Here are some of the pics I love:

  • Pinned Image


    Pinned Image
     
    Pinned Image

  • Sleep: I have been waking up in the middle of the night with some major Charley horses in my calfs.  Once I have a cramp, my legs stay sore for at least the next day.  I have been trying to have a banana every morning, get plenty of calcium, and stretch before going to bed.  It's helping a little.
  • Best moment of the week: Eric has been so wonderful.  At birthing class he practiced every breathing technique with me and learned techniques to help me through the back pain associated with late pregnancy and labor.  I know he is going to be wonderful for the birth.
  • Miss anything? Having a lap.  I feel like my belly is taking over.
  • Movement: I'm still feeling movement low.  Hopefully she will make her way head-down soon.
  • Food cravings: Sweets...mostly ice cream and chocolate.
  • Food aversions: No big ones lately.
  • Gender: Girl
  • Labor signs: I've had a few more intermittent Braxton Hicks contractions.
  • Symptoms: Still really swollen in my hands, legs, and feet.  I have been trying to sit as much as I can at work, but it's really hard when you have gotten used to walking around when you teach.
  • Belly button in or out? In but very shallow.
  • Wedding rings on or off? 1/2 on. I can only wear either my engagement ring or my wedding ring. They both won't go on anymore. I also have to wash my hands at night to get them off easily.
  • Looking forward to: A long weekend escape to the lake.  We are also planning to take some maternity pictures on Monday if the weather cooperates.  Oh and the beginning of football season on Saturday.  Goooo Dawgs!


  • 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment